Sunday, March 29, 2009

Weeeekend.... !!

What would I do without the weekend??? What a scary thought, life without the weekend. This past week was soooo long, so this weekend was a very much welcomed break.

I'm finally feeling settled and at home in New York. I finally feel like I have a solid group of friends and that I know the city like the back of my hand. I finally feel like I have a place here and that I fit in.

On Friday I went out with two friends, one of whom I haven't seen in a really long time. Usually, when teachers hang out with eachother, it's a time to complain, bitch, and just talk about how annoying students and administration are. But these girls are so upbeat and actually make me feel good about my job and how I'm doing. I love positive people. It took me like an hour to get back to the west side at tne end of the night, but it was still a great night out.

Yesterday, The Greek God called me at like noon and asked me to come to Philadelphia that night to celebrate his birthday. As much as I'd love to see him, the thought of figuring out how to get there and actually doing it was way too much for me. He argued that he was there for my 21st so I should be there for his, but if he really wanted me there, he would have given me more notice than 8 hours, right?

J gchatted me today and told me that he went to The Greek God's party last night. Part of me didn't want to go because I thought I wouldn't know anyone and would be the super awkward girl talking to no one, and part of me didn't want to go because I thought J would be there and I'd be stuck talking to and hanging out with him the whole night. So all in all, I'm glad I didn't go because I reallllllly didn't wanna see him and have to spend a night in the same room with him.

I'm watching the MSU basketball game right now and getting really excited. I'm totally cheering for them, even though it kind of goes against my religion and allegiance to my superior alma mater. But still, gotta cheer for the Big Ten and most importantly for the wonderful state of MI. Go green? Yes, go green!

No comments:

Post a Comment